Insurance only applicable to goods.
Document shipments are insured for printing costs and never for creation or preparation costs. Compensation payments for goods will depend on the criteria adopted by the insurance company, being generally only for their replacement value and never their retail value, depending on each case.
Compensation payments for used goods, in the case of a total write-off, will be subject to the corresponding depreciation on the original value. Also, only the cost of repairs will be paid on claims made for damage to goods, with the final decision to apply the previously indicated point lying with the company.
|Goods Aged||Depreciation applied|
|Less than 1 year||0%|
|1 to 2 years||20%|
|2 to 3 years||40%|
|3 to 4 years||60%|
|4 to 5 years||60%|
|5 to 6 years||80%|
|Over 6 years||100%|
|Depreciation percentages may vary depending on the kind of merchandise transported and if necessary the intervention of an insurance assessor.|
The compensation to be received via this kind of coverage shall never be higher than the value of the goods transported.
In compliance with the responsibility demanded by LAW 15/2009 of November 11th of the Contract for the Transportation of Goods, a maximum compensation payment for the client is established, in the event of a claim, of a third of the IPREM/day (public indicator of the value of multiple effects in Spain) per kg of the lost or damaged goods gross weight.
Compensation paid according to that which is set out by the obligatory insurance C.M.R., (Convention relative au contrat de transport internacional de Marchandises par Route).
NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL
Compensation paid according to that which is set out by the obligatory insurance IATA (International Air Transport Association).GOODS EXCLUDED FROM INSURANCE COVERAGE
- Badly or insufficiently-packaged goods
- Hazardous products and goods, and those prohibited by law
- Corrosive or hazardous material, explosive material, poisonous material..
- Live animals and plants
- Perishable goods,
- Biological samples
- Fresh or frozen meat, fish and seafood, goods which require refrigeration for their conservation,
- Spoiled/faulty goods
- Fine furs
- Marble or mineral slabs
- Sheet glass
- Any kind of document or photocopy
- Aeroplane tickets or tickets for any other type of transport
- Cash in any form, coins, banknotes, commercial or banking products, Stocks, shares, securities or titles,
- Stocks, shares, securities or titles,
- Pay as you go mobile phone top up cards, credit cards or similar,
- Lost earnings,
- Goods without any commercial value
- Documents and goods whose intrinsic value is higher than the goods themselves.
OTHER INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS
Check the insurance conditions for non-EU samples with your franchise office.
IMMEDIATE / DIRECT
Service excluded from goods insurance.
Ask your Nacex office.